Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Unemployment: A Comic...sort of but not really

This is my feeble first attempt at creating a comic.  Although, this is not at all comical.  It sort of tells a universal story about the all-too-common experience of facing unemployment.  I chose this topic because I created a digital poem based on a found poem called "An Unemployed Machinist" by by John Giorno on poets.org.  I had the images prepared and the topic was in my mind.  I would like to make more of an attempt at creating a comic with more of a storyline, since that is a genre very unfamiliar to me.  My home computer is old and not the quickest machine on the block, so I will try to make it to class early next week so that I can give ComicLife a second attempt.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Lisa: I like your comic. Actually, this does tell a story. I really like the heading bar. Was that an image you found in your searching or did you create it on Comic Life? Good idea to have the corner picture black and white. There's something about black and white imagery that makes the topic of unemployment 'documentary like.'