Monday, September 27, 2010

Minneapolis, Myself, and I

I love Minnesota.  I found this vlog about Minneapolis and why Mayor Rybek, among others, loves the city.  I enjoy watching this vlog because I think that the passion for the area is obvious and contagious.  I especially like when the little kid says, "It's in my blood."  Awesome.  The audience for this vlog is more than likely Minneapolis residents, or at least people who are familiar with the area.  Although the vlog highlights some of the sights and activities around the area, it does not go into the kind of depth that would be required to help an "outsider" understand this place.  The sight of the Minneapolis skyline, wildflowers, and Lake Calhoun appeal to "insiders" because we are familiar with them. We know them.  Most of us have memories of them.  The video techniques are pretty basic and don't stand out to me.  I do like that the interviews are done close, so that I can see the expression on the interviewees' faces.  Most of all, I like that it is about a place that I love.



And now for a little bit more about me (myself?  I still can't figure that out...).  I created this vlog to introduce myself to fellow students the graduate class I am currently taking.  Enjoy!



One thing I did not mention is the inspiration for the title of this blog.  Olive was my hamster.  Indeed, she was a wonder hamster.  She was awesome.  She is the one and only hamster I have ever held or loved.  When I created this blog a few years ago, I looked over and saw her scampering away from my husband who had just given her a bath.  Yes, a bath.  She loved baths.  She was special.  She died in July 2009.  I did not change the title of this blog because I like how it makes me smile when I remember her.

I also thought I should include a photo of Jax, who is turning 1-year old on September 28.  This photo was taken when he was about 8 weeks old.

And this is Jax with his brother Scout, who is 2-months older.  Jax and Scout are not biologically related, but they are brothers and best-friends nonetheless.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Cute pet photos! And a good idea to include a vlog about Minneapolis on your blog - very fitting. I had always kind of wondered about the title to your blog - now I know. We have two cats also, although ours our truly biologically related - same mom but different litters. Minneapolis truly is a beautiful city. Just wondering if you had any trouble uploading your personal vlog?